Infographic : Changes in way we communicate
Published May 20, 2011 by Gillian Hunter
The world of communications has changed. Is changing. Fast. Just how well are we adapting to these changes - as consumers and as content and media creators?
This fabulous infographic - courtesy of MDG - shows the evolving world of communication, advertising and media: the shift from mass media to new media; from a select number of channels such as TV, radio, press to multiple formats such as video, audio, imagery and apps; from fixed to mobile - connecting with people on the go; and from outbound - best described as the old media driven world of broadcast communications - to inbound where people access content through a plethora of apps and devices.
This is just the start...
Is the medium right for your business? New applications, social media and gadgets can be very tempting for marketers to try out. However, before you dive in head first, evaluate whether the medium will work for your business, using our quick 10-point checklist.
Do our customers use this medium? Would our market expect us to communicate using this medium?
- Is there a conflict with our message?
- Would it undermine our credibility or authenticity?
- Would it be seen too much as a "marketing gimmick"
Does it fit with our market and business strategy?
- Does it fit with our market positioning?
- Will it generate useful and meaningful conversations with our market?
- Will it nurture, support and help to generate new business?
- Will it provide an acceptable Return on Investment (ROI) - time and money spent
- All Blog Categories (95)
- Bids and Proposals (2)
- Content Creation (21)
- Creative Ideas (9)
- Customer Communications (32)
- Customer Engagement (31)
- CXO Communications (1)
- Digital Marketing (17)
- Innovation (7)
- Insights (34)
- Marketing Strategy (24)
- Strategic Planning (16)
- Thoughts (4)
- The Founding of Grayce
- How to write powerful value propositions
- Why your marketing strategy isn't working
- Marketers, why you need to rethink the 4Ps
- How to work out your customer value
- Why people are inspired by stories
- Why should people buy from you
- Merger rebrand : the story of Integrc
- How to launch a new business in three months